Butternut Squash and Coconut Curry
A hearty and warming vegetarian curry
- 1 tbsp each cumin seeds & coriander seeds
- 1 tsp each fennel seeds, turmeric, garam masala, tamarind paste
- 3 large garlic cloves
- Small piece fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 1 tomato
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 400g chopped butternut squash
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 250g sliced green beans
- 400ml can organic coconut milk
- 2 tbsps virgin coconut oil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 30g toasted coconut flakes
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves
Place garlic, ginger, chilli, turmeric, seeds & tomato in a blender, whizz with a little water to make a paste.
Heat coconut oil in large pan, saute onion for 2 minutes, then add chilli paste and reduce.
Stir in garam masala, coconut milk, tinned tomatoes and butternut squash.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Add red pepper and green beans, cook for further 5 minutes.
Stir in tamarind paste, season to taste and sprinkle with coriander leaves and coconut flakes to serve.